THIS GAME IS INTENDED FOR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, WASHINGTON D.C. AND CANADA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND QUEBEC) 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALL U.S. TERRITORIES (e.g., GUAM AND PUERTO RICO) AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Eligibility. Head2Head SportsSM Home Run Pick'em ("Game") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, Washington, D.C. and Canada (excluding Puerto Rico and Quebec) who are eighteen (18) years or older as of the date of entry. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Employees of Head2Head Sports LLC ("H2H"), its affiliates, or any entity directly connected with the development, implementation or marketing of this Game, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) or household members of each such employee are not eligible. This Game is void in all U.S. Territories and where prohibited by law.
- Package Price. All Game entrants will receive full Internet reports, including personalized team information and standings, unless entered under the Alternative entry method in Paragraph 3 below. The package price to play includes a one-time fee of $15.00.
- Alternative Entry - No Purchase Necessary to Win. To enter void of all Internet services, send your name, address, telephone number and official team roster printed on a 3x5 card to: Head2Head Sports, Attn: 2017 Home Run Pick'em Alternative Entry, 708 Third Avenue, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10017. Limit one entry per envelope. Alternative entrants will receive no team information or entry confirmation during the Game. Similarly, neither standings nor team reports will be available via phone or website. Alternative entries must be received no later than 3 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 30, 2017 to be processed and valid for the Game. Head2Head Sports LLC reserves the right to disqualify any alternative entries that arrive late, or are received with insufficient, incorrect or illegible information.
- LIMIT. FOUR ENTRIES (i) PER PERSON (REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF EMAIL ADDRESSES OR REGISTERED MEMBER ACCOUNTS), or (ii) PER EMAIL ADDRESS (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER MORE THAN ONE PERSON USES THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS).
- VOID. Use of any automated system (e.g., robots, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods) or submission of multiple entries is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to use an automated system or to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other methods, will void all of that entrant's entries, and render that person ineligible to receive any of the prizes. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
- Accept Official Rules: Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to H2H's decisions. The decisions of H2H in regards to all matters of this Game are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- The Commissioner's Office. An official standards and practices committee called The Commissioner's Office has been established to govern the rules and play of this Game. You may address any questions, discrepancies, concerns or suggestions to The Commissioner's Office, Head2Head Sports LLC, 708 Third Avenue, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10017.
Website. To purchase Internet services for the Game, you must be a registered member of H2H. Registration is available directly through head2head.com.
- Entry Page - Not Yet an H2H Member: To access the Game, you may register by clicking on the applicable Website link on the entry page for the Game, and following the instructions. You will be asked to provide your name, mailing address, e-mail address, team name, player selection(s) and to select a password. You will also be asked if you wish to receive promotional emails or offers. You do not need to consent to receive these emails or offers in order to become a member. Even if you consent, you may subsequently opt-out of receiving such emails by contacting Customer Service, with your name, member id number and email address.
- Entry Page - Already an H2H Member. If you are already an H2H member, then you do not need to register again. You may enter the Game by logging on directly to Website using your email address and password or by clicking on the applicable Returning Member link on the entry page for the Game with Member ID number, First Name and Last Name.
- Password. You are responsible for the secrecy of your password. H2H or other third parties are not responsible or liable for any actions taken using your password.
- Change of Email Address. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify H2H during the Game Period if his or her e-mail address changes. To do so, send an email to email@example.com with your current email address and password and your desired new email address and password. Or you my click on MY ACCOUNT and update your profile online.
- Game Period: The Game begins on Sunday, April 2, 2017 at approximately 1:10 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), 10:10 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends after the last scheduled pro baseball game played on Saturday, September 30, 2017 (the "Game Period").
- Entry Errors. Neither H2H nor any affiliates, are responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Neither H2H nor Affiliate is responsible for any unavailability of or interruptions to any service or equipment used in connection with the Game, including without limitation (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections (2) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, or (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information.
- No Return of Entries; Disputes. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of H2H and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder, i.e., natural person, of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identification. H2H may require that the potential winner provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address and/or password associated with the winning entry.
How To Play.
- Overview. Players are assigned a rating value based on 2016 final standings and projected 2017 performances, (the "Player ratings"). Entrants must select one player from each of the ten (10) player groups to form a complete active roster. Points are awarded following each day that includes a pro baseball game (see Scoring System below).
- Weekly Play. The Game will separate the 2017 Pro Baseball schedule into twenty six (26) weeks, ("Game Weeks"). The weeks will run from pro baseball games on April 2, 2017 through the final game played on September 30, 2017. Points scored each week will not carry over to a future week, and Player Groups (defined in Overview above) may reset after each Game week. Rosters do not carry over from week to week so every participant will need to log-in to the Website and select new players prior to the beginning of a new Game Week.
- Entry Deadline. All Internet entries must be received by 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) each Sunday at the start of each week of play. Alternative entries must be mailed to 2017 Home Run Pick'em, c/o Head2Head Sports, 708 Third Avenue, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10017, and received no later then 3 p.m. the Thursday before Game play begins for the Week. Mailed entries without sufficient postage are void.
- Scoring. From all eligible entries received, the weekly winners will be determined based on their ability to use their skill and knowledge of Major League Baseball to accumulate the most points during a Game Week. In the event the scheduled MLB game listed does not occur as scheduled (e.g., the game is cancelled, postponed, etc.) no points will be awarded. Ties will be broken in accordance with the tiebreaker procedure below.
- Scoring System. Each entrant's team will be ranked by total points by applying the official scoring system: Each week your team earns one (+1) point for each Total Base by a player on your roster. The Total Basae calculation is defined by the number of singles, plus the number of doubles times two (2), plus the number of triples times three (3), plus the number of home runs times four (4). In the event that a player you have selected for a particular day is involved in a double-header on that day, you will earn the player's Total Bases for both games played on that day. Scoring is based only on the games actually played each week. If, for any reason, a player's game is postponed (due to weather, etc.) you will only receive points for that game if you have the player on your roster during the period the game is officially completed.
- Locktime. All rosters will lock at 1 p.m. Eastern Time (10 a.m. Pacific Time) on Sunday for each period. All rosters must be submitted, received and recorded by H2H's computer by the scheduled locktime. Selections submitted after the deadlines are considered invalid. H2H's computer is the official time keeping device for this Game.
- Tiebreakers.Should a tie exist between two (2) or more entrants eligible for the weekly prizes, the winner will be the entrant that has the highest score in Player Group #1. If a tie persists, the winner will be the team with the highest score in Player Group #2. Persisting tiebreakers will continue using Player Group #3, Player Group #4, and so on. Should a tie exist between two (2) or more entrants eligible for the overall prize, the winner will be the entrant who has the highest score in week 26. If a tie persists, the winner will be the team with the highest score in week 25 and so on. If a tie continues to persist, the prize will be split evenly among the remaining entrants. In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration.
- PAYMENT. All charges made through this website and our sports agents will be charged immediately to your credit card. By providing Head2Head with your credit card number, you agree to pay for all charges made in connection with this Game. Head2Head reserves the right to suspend all game activity, internet access and trading, for accounts that do not have a valid credit card number and expiration date, or a credit balance. PRIZES WILL ONLY BE AWARDED TO ENTRANTS WHOSE ACCOUNTS ARE PAID IN FULL BY FRIDAY. If your account is not in good standing, any prizes won will be forfeited. Entrants are not required to open an account or pay an entry fee to play and to compete for prizes.
PRIZES. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of all prizes is $2,125.00
- Weekly Prizes (26): H2H will award one of twenty six (26) weekly prizes to the entrant who accumulates the most points during each Game Week (and wins any pending tiebreaker). Each Weekly Winner will receive $40 cash. Additionally, Second Place will win $10 cash. Third through Fifth place will be awarded 250 H2H Fantasy Buck$ each. ARV for the weekly prizes totals $57.50 per week.
- Overall Winner (cumulative scores minus your two lowest weekly scores): H2H will award ten (10) overall cumulative point winner prizes to the entrants with the highest scores. The prize for first place will be $500 cash. The prize for second place thru fifth place will be 2,000 Fantasy Buck$. Sixth through Tenth place will be awarded 1,000 Fantasy Buck$. ARV for the cumulative prizes is $630.00.
- Odds of winning prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received and the relative Major League Baseball knowledge of all entrants.
- Substitution; Taxes. No cash or other prize substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except at H2H's sole discretion due to prize unavailability. H2H reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable value or greater value (e.g., H2H may opt instead to award the cash equivalent, up to but not greater than the ARV, of any prize in lieu of the prize itself). THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
- Prize Delivery. Weekly Winners should allow up to 6-8 weeks after they return their signed affidavit to receive their prize. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within fourteen (14) days after being sent will be forfeited.
- No Warranty. Entrants acknowledge that H2H and their respective agencies or related companies have not made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality. The only warranty for any prize is the standard limited written warranty from the prize's manufacturer, if any, which may be included with, and applicable to, the prize.
- Verification. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING PLAYS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY H2H, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. H2H SHALL SOLELY DETERMINE ANY FORM OF VERIFICATION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIBIGILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. H2H WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS, AFFIDAVITS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON MAY BE DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND VOID.
- "Prize Notice" via Email or Mail. Winners will be notified via email (or U.S. mail) sent approximately 30-days following the end of the Game Period. Entrants are responsible for insuring that all mailing and e-mail information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Alternate Potential Winners; Disqualification. A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected (i.e., the person with the next most points) if (i) he/she does not comply with these rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the prize notice within ten (10) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed prize notice, after three attempts, is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) the prize is undeliverable for any reason. If H2H notifies, or seeks to deliver a prize to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified then H2H shall use its reasonable business judgment to determine, in its sole discretion, the disposition of the prize (e.g., may choose another alternate potential winner in a manner consistent with these rules or donate the prize to another entity, at it's sole discretion).
- Releases and Affidavits. As a condition of receiving a prize, potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within fifteen (15) days of the date stated on the prize notice. By participating in this Game or receiving a prize, entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release nd to indemnify and hold harmless H2H, Promoter, and each of their respective related companies, and all of its or their company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Game (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize (including any travel or activity related to the prize).
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in this Game constitutes winner's consent to H2H's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION.
- Conduct. H2H reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Game and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these official rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, H2H may lock out an entrant who, in H2H's sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GAME OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND H2H RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Incidents. Without limiting the foregoing, H2H may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Game if, in theH2H's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play as intended) of the Game, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God; or (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared).
- Cancellation. In the event of a cancellation or termination the entrant who has accumulated the highest point total (and who wins any pending tiebreakers) at the time of any said action will be awarded the prizes, or the prizes will be awarded in such other manner deemed fair and appropriate by H2H.
- Player Strike and Schedule Changes. H2H takes no responsibility for any pro baseball games that are delayed or postponed (i.e. player strikes, weather, riots). For any reason and without notice, H2H reserves the right to cancel the H2H Home Run Pick'em contest without refund. If for any reason (including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs, acts of God, technical difficulties, governmental intervention, and other events not within the reasonable control of H2H) Major League Baseball experiences a work stoppage and/or Head2Head Sports cannot, in its reasonable business judgment, continue this contest, then Home Run Pick'em will not resume until both Major League baseball resumes its 2017 regular season and Head2Head Sports resumes this contest, if ever. If this contest does not resume before October 1, 2017, and less than one month of the 2017 Major League Baseball regular season have been completed prior to the date this contest stopped, all transaction fees will be refunded and no prizes will be awarded. In the event the 2017 season is cancelled, Head2Head Sports shall issue a full refund to all customers equal to the amount paid for their 2017 team entry.
- GAMBLING PROHIBITION: This Game is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
- No Purchase Necessary to Win. To request an alternative entry void of all services, send your name, address, and telephone number printed on a 3x5 card along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Head2Head Sports, LLC., 2017 Home Run Pick'em Alternative Entry, 708 Third Avenue, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10017 (WA and VT residents may omit return stamp). Limit one request per envelope. H2H must receive requests for alternative entries no later than March 30, 2017. Alternative entry team selection forms must be returned to H2H no later than September 21, 2017. Roster selection for an alternative entry team can be done by placing all necessary details of your roster (your name, player names and ID numbers, etc.) in a letter sized envelope and sending it to Head2Head Sports, Home Run Pick'em Alternative Entry Roster, 708 Third Avenue, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10017. Alternative entry rosters must be received by Thursday of each week to be processed and valid for the immediately following week of play. H2H reserves the right to disqualify any alternative entry rosters that arrive late, or are received with insufficient, incorrect or illegible information (e.g., insufficient Player ID number). Alternative entrants will receive no team information during the season and cannot obtain additional team information (including league standings) over the telephone or internet. Your participation via alternative entry in this contest constitutes your acknowledgment and agreement that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms of these rules and that you have not paid any consideration (including, but not limited to, any amount paid for the purchase of a computer or for internet access) for the purpose of playing Home Run Pick'em.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- GENERAL. By entering Home Run Pick'em, you (1) acknowledge acceptance of these rules and agree to adhere to and be bound by them, and (2) release, and waive any rights of recovery against or in connection with H2H and their respective sponsors, contractors, agents, officers, and employees from and against any claims, expenses, damages and/or liability incurred by you in connection with or related to the operation of, or your participation in Home Run Pick'em and (3) agree to hold H2H harmless from all typographical, statistical, transaction, and communication errors or omissions, and H2H reserves the right to disqualify any participant for suspected cheating or non-adherence to these Official Rules.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Game; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses other security breaches; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Game; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Game, access to, copying or downloading materials from Website or any other website, or receipt or use of any prize.
- DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Game or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Maricopa county, State of Arizona, i.e., Phoenix; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Arizona law, without reference to Arizona's choice of law rules, governs the Game and all aspects related thereto.
- REFUNDS. Any entrant is entitled to cancel registration in the Game and have all monies refunded if H2H receives written notice on or before seven (7) days from the official start date of the Game. After seven (7) days from the start of the contest, no refunds will be made. All such requests must be addressed to Head2Head Sports, 708 Third Avenue, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10017 or faxed to 480-429-0911.
- OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS LISTS. All rules and winners may be posted on the Website. For a copy of the Official Rules and/or list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below. Requests must be received within 30 days following the end of the Game (i.e., by October 30, 2017):
Head2Head Sports LLC
Attn: 2017 Home Run Pick'em - Official Rules & Winners List
708 Third Avenue, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10017
- Address; Copyright. H2H is responsible for the Game and awarding of prizes. See address in paragraph above. H2H's address is 708 Third Avenue, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10017. The Game and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2017 Head2Head Sports LLC.
- Home Run Pick'em is not related to or affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball.