Home Run Pick'em is a game of skill and is void where prohibited by law.
- AFFILIATIONS. Head2Head ("H2H") Home Run Pick'em and Head2Head SportsSM are owned by DRF Holdings LLC. This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Major League Baseball (MLB) or any MLB team or player.
- ELIGIBILITY. Head2Head Sports Home Run Pick'em ("Game") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, Washington, D.C. and Canada (excluding Puerto Rico and Quebec. This Game is void in all U.S. Territories and where prohibited. THIS CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS. You must be 18 years of age or older as of March 28, 2019 to participate. All employees and immediate family members of Head2Head Sports, their sponsors, advertising, production, and fulfillment agencies are not eligible for prizes. Head2Head Sports reserves the right to disqualify any entry form that is incomplete or incorrect.
- LIMIT. Four (4) entries (i) per household (regardless of the number of email addresses or registered member accounts), or (ii) per email address (regardless of whether more than one person uses the same email address). If there are more than four entries from the same household, then only the first four entries, as determined by Head2Head Sports, will be eligible for prizes.
HOW TO ENTER.
- Optional Service Package. You may enter Home Run Pick'em via an optional service package at www.head2head.com. All internet entries are considered a request for the optional service package, and includes a one-time fee of $15.00. The service package entitles you to receive all services for your entry, including receipt of 150 Fantasy Buck$, full Internet reports, including personalized team information and standings. The optional service package also provides telephone customer service.
- Alternative Entry; No purchase necessary to Win. As an alternative to entering under the optional service package, you may enter Home Run Pick'em without registering to receive the services listed in Section 4 above. To enter void of all Internet services, send your name, address, telephone number, team name and official team roster (player names and ID numbers) printed on a 3x5 card to: Head2Head Sports, Attn: 2019 Home Run Pick'em Alternative Entry, 4727 E. Bell Rd., Suite 45-328, Phoenix, AZ 85032. Limit one entry per envelope. Alternative entries must be received no later than 6 p.m. ET (3 p.m. PT) on Thursday, March 28, 2019 to be processed and valid for the Game. All envelopes must be stamped and carry official USPS cancellation marks. No metered mail will be accepted. Head2Head Sports LLC reserves the right to disqualify any alternative entries that arrive late, or are received with insufficient, incorrect or illegible information. Alternative entrants will receive no entry information during the Game and cannot obtain additional team information (including league standings) over the telephone or Internet. Participation via alternative entry in this contest constitutes acknowledgment and agreement that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms of these rules and that you have not paid any consideration (including, but not limited to, any amount paid for the purchase of a computer or for internet access) for the purpose of playing Home Run Pick'em.
- Void. Use of any automated system (e.g., robots, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods) or submission of multiple entries is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to use an automated system or to obtain more than four (4) entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other methods, will void all of that entrant's entries, and render that person ineligible to receive any of the prizes. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
- Accept Official Rules. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to H2H's decisions. The decisions of H2H in regards to all matters of this Game are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
WEBSITE REGISTRATION. To play the Game, you must be a registered member of H2H. Registration is available directly through head2head.com.
- Not Yet an H2H Member. To access the Game, you may register by clicking on the applicable Website link on the entry page for the Game, and following the instructions. You will be asked to provide your name, mailing address, e-mail address, team name, player selection(s) and to select a password. You will also be asked if you wish to receive promotional emails or offers. You do not need to consent to receive these emails or offers in order to become a member. Even if you consent, you may subsequently opt-out of receiving such emails by contacting Customer Service, with your name, member id number and email address.
- Already an H2H Member. If you are already an H2H member, then you do not need to register again. You may enter the Game by logging on directly to Website using your email address and password.
- Password. You are responsible for the secrecy of your password. H2H or other third parties are not responsible or liable for any actions taken using your password.
- Change of Email Address. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify H2H during the Game Period if his or her e-mail address changes. To do so, send an email to email@example.com with your current email address and password and your desired new email address and password. Or you my click on "MY ACCOUNT" after logging into the website to update your profile online.
- Entry Errors. Neither H2H nor any affiliates, e.g. Daily Racing Form or StatFox (collectively, referred to as "Affiliate") are responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Neither H2H nor Affiliate is responsible for any unavailability of or interruptions to any service or equipment used in connection with the Game, including without limitation (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections (2) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, or (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information.
- No Return of Entries; Disputes. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of H2H and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder, i.e., natural person, of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identification. H2H may require that the potential winner provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address and/or password associated with the winning entry.
- GAME PERIOD. The Game begins on Sunday, March 31, 2019 at approximately 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") / 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends after the last scheduled pro baseball game played on Saturday, September 28, 2019 (the "Game Period").
HOW TO PLAY.
- Overview. Players are assigned a rating value based on 2018 final standings and projected 2019 performances, (the "Player ratings"). Entrants must select one player from each of the ten (10) player groups to form a complete active roster. Points are awarded following each day that includes a pro baseball game (see "Scoring System" below).
- Weekly Play. The Game will separate the 2019 Pro Baseball schedule into twenty six (26) weeks, ("Game Weeks"). The weeks will run from pro baseball games on Sunday, March 31, 2019 through the final game played on Saturday, September 28, 2019. Points scored each week will not carry over to a future week, and Player Groups (defined in Overview above) may reset after each Game week. Rosters do not carry over from week to week so every participant will need to log-in to the Website and select new players prior to the beginning of a new Game Week.
- Entry Deadline. All Internet entries must be received by 4 p.m. ET (1 p.m. PT) each Sunday, with flexible trading procedures for each game that begins before the final deadline each week (see "Early Game Exception" below).
- Alternative Entries. For alternative entries, send your name, address, telephone number, team name and official team roster (player names and ID numbers) printed on a 3x5 card and mailed to 2019 Home Run Pick'em, c/o Head2Head Sports, 4727 E. Bell Rd., Suite 45-328, Phoenix, AZ 85032. Alternative entries must be received no later then 6 p.m. ET (3 p.m. PT) the Thursday before Game play begins for the Week. H2H reserves the right to disqualify any alternative entry rosters that arrive late, or are received with insufficient, incorrect or illegible information (e.g., insufficient Player ID number). Mailed entries without sufficient postage are void.
- Scoring. From all eligible entries received, the weekly winners will be determined based on their ability to use their skill and knowledge of Major League Baseball to accumulate the most points during a Game Week. In the event the scheduled MLB game listed does not occur as scheduled (e.g., the game is cancelled, postponed, etc.) no points will be awarded. Ties will be broken in accordance with the tiebreaker procedure below.
- Scoring System. Each entrant's team will be ranked by total points by applying the official scoring system: Each week your team earns one (+1) point for each Total Base by a player on your roster. The Total Basae calculation is defined by the number of singles, plus the number of doubles times two (2), plus the number of triples times three (3), plus the number of home runs times four (4). If a player hits for the cycle (hits at least one single, double, triple, and home run in a single game), an additional five (+5) bonus points are awarded. In the event that a player you have selected is involved in a double-header on that day, you will earn the player's Total Bases for both games played on that day. Scoring is based only on the games actually played each week. If, for any reason, a player's game is postponed (due to weather, etc.) you will only receive points for that game if you have the player on your roster during the period the game is officially completed.
- Lock Time. All rosters will lock at 4 p.m. Eastern Time (1 p.m. Pacific Time) on Sunday for each period. All rosters must be submitted, received and recorded by H2H's computer by the scheduled lock time. Selections submitted after the deadlines (e.g. via U.S. Mail) are considered invalid. H2H's computer is the official time keeping device for this Game.
- Early Game Exception. The MLB has scheduled some games to be played prior to the roster selection deadline. In these situations, you have the ability to choose a player prior to the designated MLB start time of those games. Any players on your lineup from those teams playing at the designated start time will be locked on your roster for that H2H period. After the designated start time, you will be unable to pick up or drop players from the game(s) that have started. For the remainder of the period you will be limited to choose from teams that have not played prior to the designated final roster selection deadline.
- All-Star Game. For the period in which the 2019 All-Star Game is played, your player selections will accumulate points for any official batting activity that occurs during the game.
- Tiebreakers. Should a tie exist between two (2) or more entrants eligible for the weekly prizes, the winner will be the entrant that has the highest score in Player Group #1. If a tie persists, the winner will be the team with the highest score in Player Group #2. Persisting tiebreakers will continue using Player Group #3, Player Group #4, and so on. Should a tie exist between two (2) or more entrants eligible for the overall prize, the winner will be the entrant who has the highest score in week 26. If a tie persists, the winner will be the team with the highest score in week 25 and so on. If a tie continues to persist, the prize will be split evenly among the remaining entrants. In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration.
- THE COMMISSIONER'S OFFICE. An official standards and practices committee called The Commissioner's Office has been established to govern the rules and play of this Game. You may address any questions, discrepancies, concerns or suggestions to The Commissioner's Office, Head2Head Sports LLC, 4727 E. Bell Rd., Suite 45-328, Phoenix, AZ 85032.
- PAYMENT. All charges made through this website and our sports agents will be charged immediately to your credit card. By providing Head2Head with your credit card number, you agree to pay for all charges made in connection with this Game. Head2Head reserves the right to suspend all game activity, internet access and trading, for accounts that do not have a valid credit card number and expiration date, or a credit balance. PRIZES WILL ONLY BE AWARDED TO ENTRANTS WHOSE ACCOUNTS ARE PAID IN FULL BY FRIDAY FOLLOWING THE END OF THE PERIOD. If your account is not in good standing, any prizes won will be forfeited. Entrants are not required to open an account or pay an entry fee to play and to compete for prizes.
PRIZES. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of all prizes is $2,125.00
- Weekly Prizes (26). H2H will award one of twenty six (26) weekly prizes to the entrant who accumulates the most points during each Game Week (and wins any pending tiebreaker). Each Weekly Winner will receive $40 cash. Additionally, Second Place will win $10 cash. Third through Fifth place will be awarded 250 H2H Fantasy Buck$ each. ARV for the weekly prizes totals $57.50 per week.
- Overall Winner (cumulative scores minus your three (3) lowest weekly scores). H2H will award ten (10) overall cumulative point winner prizes to the entrants with the highest scores. The prize for first place will be $500 cash. The prize for second place thru fifth place will be 2,000 Fantasy Buck$. Sixth through Tenth place will be awarded 1,000 Fantasy Buck$. ARV for the cumulative prizes is $630.00.
- Odds of winning prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received and the relative Major League Baseball knowledge of all entrants.
- Substitution; Taxes. No cash or other prize substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except at H2H's sole discretion due to prize unavailability. H2H reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable value or greater value (e.g., H2H may opt instead to award the cash equivalent, up to but not greater than the ARV, of any prize in lieu of the prize itself). THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
- Prize Delivery. Weekly Winners should allow up to 6-8 weeks after they return their signed affidavit to receive their prize. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within fourteen (14) days after being sent will be forfeited.
- Warranty. Entrants acknowledge that H2H and their respective agencies or related companies have not made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality. The only warranty for any prize is the standard limited written warranty from the prize's manufacturer, if any, which may be included with, and applicable to, the prize.
- Verification. All potential winning players are subject to verification by H2H whose decisions are final. H2H shall solely determine any form of verification. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility and the potential winning entry has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. H2H will not accept screen shots, affidavids or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. Any entry that occurs after the system has failed for any reason may be deemed a defective entry and void.
- "Prize Notice" via Email or Mail. Winners will be notified via email (or U.S. mail) sent approximately 30-days following the end of the Game Period. Entrants are responsible for insuring that all mailing and e-mail information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Alternate Potential Winners; Disqualification. A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected (i.e., the person with the next most points) if (i) he/she does not comply with these rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the prize notice within ten (10) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed prize notice, after three attempts, is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) the prize is undeliverable for any reason. If H2H notifies, or seeks to deliver a prize to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified then H2H shall use its reasonable business judgment to determine, in its sole discretion, the disposition of the prize (e.g., may choose another alternate potential winner in a manner consistent with these rules or donate the prize to another entity, at it's sole discretion).
- Releases and Affidavits. As a condition of receiving a prize, potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within fifteen (15) days of the date stated on the prize notice. By participating in this Game or receiving a prize, entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release nd to indemnify and hold harmless H2H, Promoter, and each of their respective related companies, and all of its or their company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Game (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize (including any travel or activity related to the prize).
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in this Game constitutes winner's consent to H2H's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION.
- Conduct. H2H reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Game and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these official rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, H2H may lock out an entrant who, in H2H's sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GAME OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND H2H RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Incidents. Without limiting the foregoing, H2H may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Game if, in theH2H's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play as intended) of the Game, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God; or (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared).
- Cancellation. In the event of a cancellation or termination the entrant who has accumulated the highest point total (and who wins any pending tiebreakers) at the time of any said action will be awarded the prizes, or the prizes will be awarded in such other manner deemed fair and appropriate by H2H.
- PLAYER STRIKE AND SCHEDULE CHANGES. H2H takes no responsibility for any pro baseball games that are delayed or postponed (i.e. player strikes, weather, riots). For any reason and without notice, H2H reserves the right to cancel the H2H Home Run Pick'em contest without refund. If for any reason (including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs, acts of God, technical difficulties, governmental intervention, and other events not within the reasonable control of H2H) Major League Baseball experiences a work stoppage and/or Head2Head Sports cannot, in its reasonable business judgment, continue this contest, then Home Run Pick'em will not resume until both Major League baseball resumes its 2019 regular season and Head2Head Sports resumes this contest, if ever. If this contest does not resume before October 1, 2019, and less than one month of the 2019 Major League Baseball regular season have been completed prior to the date this contest stopped, all transaction fees will be refunded and no prizes will be awarded. In the event the 2019 season is cancelled, Head2Head Sports shall issue a full refund to all customers equal to the amount paid for their 2019 team entry.
- GAMBLING PROHIBITION. This Game is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
- REFUNDS. Any entrant is entitled to cancel registration in the Game and have all monies refunded if H2H receives written notice on or before seven (7) days from the official start date of the Game. After seven (7) days from the start of the contest, no refunds will be made. All such requests must be addressed to Head2Head Sports, 4727 E. Bell Rd., Suite 45-328, Phoenix, AZ 85032 or faxed to 480-429-0911.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By entering the Game, you (1) acknowledge acceptance of these rules and agree to adhere to and be bound by them, and (2) release, and waive any rights of recovery against or in connection with Head2Head Sports and their respective sponsors, contractors, agents, officers, and employees from and against any claims, expenses, damages and/or liability incurred by you in connection with or related to the operation of, or your participation in the Game and (3) agree to hold Head2Head Sports harmless from all typographical, statistical, transaction, and communication errors or omissions, except where prohibited. Head2Head Sports reserves the right to disqualify any participant for suspected cheating or non-adherence to these Official Rules, and to make corrections to scores and any other material and information to correct such errors or omissions. H2H specifically disclaims any and all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) in connection with this contest and/or your participation in it.
- INTERNET DISCLAIMER. All entrants who enter the Game via the Internet may access their team(s) via this website. Internet access is not required to play the Game. If you bookmark our web site, we advise you to bookmark the home page. This page is used to communicate important game information to our entrants. H2H is not responsible if the Internet portion of the game is not capable of running as planned, for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of H2H which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this game. H2H assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, faulty transmission or communication, line failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to game activities conducted or information transmitted via the Internet or the telephone. H2H is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network, telephone line, cable network, cable, computer on-line system, server, equipment, or software. H2H is not responsible for the failure of any e-mail or entry or trade to be applied to a customer's account due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, phone or fax lines, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to a customer's computer related to or resulting from participation in this game (including without limitation, damages by virus).
- DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. Except as set forth in the preceding sentences and where prohibited, any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contest, whether asserted in contract, tort, statute, or otherwise (including whether or not such controversies or claims are arbitral) shall be settled by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules then in effect. All hearings and proceedings shall take place in Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona, using Arizona law (excluding conflict of law rules), and without regard to the Federal Arbitration Act. H2H shall not be liable for any consequential, punitive or exemplary damages. If any provision of these rules should ever be held to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalid or unenforceable provision(s) shall be revised by H2H and shall not affect any other provisions of these rules, and such other provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
- OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS LISTS. All rules and winners may be posted on the Website. For a copy of the Official Rules and/or list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below. Requests must be received within 30 days following the end of the Game (i.e., by October 28, 2019):
Head2Head Sports LLC
Attn: 2019 Home Run Pick'em - Official Rules & Winners List
4727 E. Bell Rd., Suite 45-328, Phoenix, AZ 85032
- ADDRESS; COPYRIGHT. H2H is responsible for the Game and awarding of prizes. H2H's address is 4727 E. Bell Rd., Suite 45-328, Phoenix, AZ 85032. The Game and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2019 Head2Head Sports LLC.