College Choose'em Challenge is a game of skill and is void where prohibited by law.
- Affiliations. Head2Head ("H2H") College Choose'em Challenge ("Contest") and Head2Head SportsSM are owned by DRF Holdings LLC. This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the National Collegiate Athletic Association ("NCAA"), its members or partners.
Elegibility. Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, Washington, D.C. and Canada (excluding Quebec, Puerto Rico, and all U.S. Territories). THIS CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND IS VOID WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- You must be 18 years of age or older, or the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, whichever is greater, as of March 19, 2020 to participate in this Contest.
- All employees and immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or "step" of each), or household members of each such employee of DRF Holdings LLC, Head2Head Sports, their sponsors, advertising, production, support, and fulfillment agencies, or any entity directly connected with the development, implementation, or marketing of this Contest, are not eligible for prizes.
- Head2Head Sports reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of all entrants, and to disqualify any entry that arrives late or is lost, damaged, illegible, incomplete or incorrect.
- Head2Head Sports reserves the right to change eligibility requirements at any time if it determines that changes are necessary in order to comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Limit. Four (4) entries (i) per household (regardless of the number of email addresses or registered member accounts), or (ii) per email address (regardless of whether more than one person uses the same email address). If there are more than four entries from the same household, then only the first four entries, as determined by Head2Head Sports, will be eligible for prizes.
- Multiple Accounts. Individuals may not register more than one (1) member account with Head2Head Sports. Any individuals caught participating in the contest with more than one registered member account, as solely determined by Head2Head Sports, may have their ineligible member accounts closed without notice and be disqualified from any current and future contests.
- Shared Accounts. All contest entries may only be played under the registered member account in which they were entered. Entries may not be transferred to another member account or played by another individual. Likewise, registered members may not submit entries on behalf of someone without a Head2Head Sports member account, or submit entries for individuals that are ineligible to participate in the Contest.
- Scripting. Use of any automated system (e.g., robots, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods) or submission of multiple entries is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to use an automated system or to obtain more than four (4) entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other methods, will void all of that entrant's entries, and render that person ineligible to receive any of the prizes. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
Registration. To compete in the Contest, you must be a registered member of H2H. Registration is available directly through head2head.com.
- Not Yet an H2H Member. To access the Contest, you may register by clicking on the applicable Website link on the entry page for the Contest, and following the instructions. You will be asked to provide your name, mailing address, e-mail address, team name, player selection(s) and to select a password. You will also be asked if you wish to receive promotional emails or offers. You do not need to consent to receive these emails or offers in order to become a member. Even if you consent, you may subsequently opt-out of receiving such emails by contacting customer service at www.head2head.com/customerservice, with your name, member ID number and email address.
- Already an H2H Member. If you are already an H2H member, then you do not need to register again. You may enter the Contest by logging on directly to Website using your email address and password.
- Password. You are responsible for the secrecy of your password. H2H or other third parties are not responsible or liable for any actions taken using your password.
- Change of Email Address. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify H2H during the Contest Period if his or her e-mail address changes. To do so, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your current email address and password and your desired new email address and password. Or you may click on "MY ACCOUNT" and update your profile online.
- Entry Errors. Neither H2H nor any affiliates, e.g. Daily Racing Form or StatFox (collectively, referred to as "Affiliate") are responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Neither H2H nor Affiliate is responsible for any unavailability of or interruptions to any service or equipment used in connection with the Contest, including without limitation (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections (2) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, or (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information.
- No Return of Entries; Disputes. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of H2H and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder, i.e., natural person, of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identification. H2H may require that the potential winner provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address and/or password associated with the winning entry.
Optional Service Package. You may enter College Choose'em Challenge via the Complete Package.
- Complete Package. You may enter College Choose'em Challenge via an optional service level at www.head2head.com. All internet entries are considered a request for service level and includes a one-time fee of $10.00. The service level entitles you to receive all services for your entry, including receipt of 100 Fantasy Buck$ and special College Choose'em Challenge standings updates detailing round by round leaders and top finishers. Your personalized updates will be updated for your review on the web site. The optional service level also provides toll-free telephone customer service.
- Payment. All payments must be in U.S. funds. Entries mailed or transmitted with insufficient funds or information or an invalid credit card may be disqualified and will not be processed until the correct amount of payment or information is received. Do not send cash. Visa, American Express, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards are accepted, as well as PayPal. If you do not have a credit card, you may send a check or money order, payable in advance to "Head2Head Sports", to: Head2Head Sports, 4727 E. Bell Rd., Suite 45-328, Phoenix, AZ 85032. Please note your Member ID on your check or money order. There will be a $30 fee for any returned checks.
- PRIZES WILL ONLY BE AWARDED TO ENTRANTS WHOSE ACCOUNTS ARE PAID IN FULL. If your account is not in good standing, any prizes won will be forfeited. Entrants are not required to open an account or pay an entry fee to play and to compete for prizes.
Final Entry Deadline. Entries must be made via Internet, phone, fax or mail (Alternative entrants only). To begin play, entries must be received by Internet, phone, or fax no later than Thursday, March 19, 2020 at Noon Eastern Time ("ET")/9:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT").
- Mail Entries. Mailed entries must be sent to 2020 College Choose'em Challenge, c/o Head2Head Sports, 4727 E. Bell Rd., Suite 45-328, Phoenix, AZ 85032 and received by H2H no later than Noon ET/9 a.m. PT on Thursday, March 19, 2020 to be eligible for play. Head2Head Sports takes no responsibility for misdirected entries, entries that are lost or damaged in the mail, or entries lost, damaged, or illegible because of poor transmission. Mailed entries without sufficient postage are void. H2H reserves the right to disqualify any entry that has been incorrectly completed or is not completely legible. All entries, along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of H2H upon submission, and will not be returned to any entrant.
- Confirmation Number. To ensure you have the correct selections in place, verify your new lineup when you are presented with a confirmation number. If you exit the website or phone call with a Sports Agent without confirming your roster with a confirmation number, your last confirmed roster will be the roster that is scored.
- All entries must be submitted, received and recorded by H2H's computer by the scheduled lock time. Selections submitted after the deadline (e.g. via U.S. Mail) are considered invalid and will be rejected. H2H's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest.
- Contest Period. The Contest begins with the start of the NCAA basketball games on Thursday, March 19, 2020 at approximately Noon ET/9AM PT and ends after the last scheduled game played on Monday, April 6th, 2020 (the "Contest Period").
How to Play.
- Overview. Players are assigned a rating value based on Head2Head's projected NCAA tournament performances. Entrants must select one player from each of the twelve (12) player groups to form a complete active roster. Points are awarded following each day that includes a college basketball game (see "Scoring System" below).
- Play. The Contest will treat each game as a unique event for scoring purposes. The contest will run from the start of the tournament on March 19, 2020 through to the Championship Game on April 6, 2020. We do not count the "First Four" tournament play-in games scheduled before Thursday, March 19, 2020.
- Scoring. From all eligible entries received, the winners will be determined based on their ability to use their skill and knowledge of college basketball to accumulate the most points during the Contest Period. In the event the scheduled NCAA game listed does not occur as scheduled (e.g., the game is canceled, postponed, etc.) no points will be awarded. Ties will be broken in accordance with the tiebreaker procedure below.
- Scoring System. Each entrant's team will be ranked by total points by applying the official scoring system: Each player receives 1 H2H point for every point, rebound, assist, steal, and blocked shot. Each player loses 1 H2H point for each turnover. In addition, each player will receive 5 H2H points for each game that he plays in AND his team wins.
- Lock Time. All rosters will lock at 12:00 Noon Eastern Time (9:00 AM Pacific Time) on Thursday, March 19, 2020 and must be submitted, received and recorded by H2H's server by this scheduled lock time. Selections submitted after the deadline are considered invalid. H2H's computer is the official time keeping device for this contest.
- Tiebreakers. Should a tie exist between two (2) or more eligible entrants, the winner will be the entrant that has the highest score in Player Group #1. If a tie persists, the winner will be the team with the highest score in Player Group #2. Persisting tiebreakers will continue using Player Group #3, Player Group #4, and so on. If a tie continues to persist, the prize will be split evenly among all of the remaining tied entrants. In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration.
- Live Scoring. To the extent that this contest offers or displays live scoring, standings, results, statistics, or other information relating to the contest ("Live Information"), all such Live Information is unofficial and is offered for informational and/or entertainment purposes only.
- The Commissioner's Office. An official standards and practices committee called The Commissioner's Office has been established to govern the rules and play of this Contest. You may address any questions, discrepancies, concerns or suggestions to The Commissioner's Office, Head2Head Sports LLC, 4727 E. Bell Rd., Suite 45-328, Phoenix, AZ 85032 phone (480) 429-8844 or fax (480) 429-0911. The Commissioner's Office reserves the right to adjust any rule if such an adjustment best serves all competitors. The Commissioner's Office also reserves the right to disqualify or refuse service to anyone if there is any evidence of tampering or manipulation, and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for inappropriate and offensive use of the league chat feature, suspected cheating or non-adherence to the Official Rules. Disqualified entrants' sole remedy shall be limited to a refund of money paid to H2H in connection with playing College Choose'em Challenge. All scoring disputes must be submitted by 5PM PT within three (3) days of the score in question. The dispute will be ruled on by the Commissioner prior to the end of the Contest Period and this ruling will be final and binding. All scoring is official and final with the at the end of the Contest Period.
Prizes. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of all prizes is $2,450.00.
- Overall Prizes (100). H2H will award one-hundred (100) prizes to the entrants who accumulate the most points during all the contest period. To calculate total points, H2H uses the total points accumulated during the contest period based upon the scoring system detailed in "Scoring". The Grand Prize is $1,000 cash, 2nd place is $250, 3rd place - $100, 4th and 5th places - $50, 6th-10th Place 4,000 Fantasy Buck$, 11th-50th Place - 2,000 H2H Fantasy Buck$, and 51st-100th Place - 1,000 H2H Fantasy Buck$.
- Prize Delivery. Winners should allow up to 6-8 weeks after they return their signed affidavit to receive their prize. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within fourteen (14) days after being sent will be forfeited.
- Substitution. No cash or other prize substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except at H2H's sole discretion due to prize unavailability. H2H reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable value or greater value (e.g., H2H may opt instead to award the cash equivalent, up to but not greater than the ARV, of any prize in lieu of the prize itself).
- Taxes. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prize.
- No Purchase Necessary to Win. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Odds of winning prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received and the relative college basketball knowledge of all entrants.
- Verification. All potential winning players are subject to verification by H2H whose decisions are final. H2H shall solely determine any form of verification. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility and the potential winning entry has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. H2H will not accept screen shots, affidavids or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. Any entry that occurs after the system has failed for any reason may be deemed a defective entry and void.
- "Prize Notice" via Email or Mail. Winners will be notified via email (or mail) sent approximately 30 days following the end of the Contest Period. Entrants are responsible for insuring that all mailing and e-mail information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Alternate Potential Winners; Disqualification. A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected (i.e., the person with the next most points) if (i) he/she does not comply with these rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the prize notice within fourteen (14) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed prize notice, after three attempts, is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) the prize is undeliverable for any reason. If H2H notifies, or seeks to deliver a prize to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified then H2H shall use its reasonable business judgment to determine, in its sole discretion, the disposition of the prize (e.g., may choose another alternate potential winner in a manner consistent with these rules or donate the prize to another entity, at it's sole discretion).
- Release. By participating in this Contest or receiving a prize, entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless H2H, Promoter, and each of their respective related companies, and all of its or their company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Contest (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize (including any travel or activity related to the prize).
- Affidavits. As a condition of receiving a prize, potential winners will receive a tax form 1099-M and will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of the date stated on the prize notice. Where applicable, the travel companion of the Grand Prize winner must also complete and sign a Liability Release and, where permitted by law, a Publicity Release included in winner's documents. Travel companion must be eighteen (18) years or older at time of document completion, unless traveling with winning parent/legal guardian.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in this Contest constitutes winner's consent to H2H's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
- Warranty. Entrants acknowledge that H2H and their respective agencies or related companies have not made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality. The only warranty for any prize is the standard limited written warranty from the prize's manufacturer, if any, which may be included with, and applicable to, the prize. Organizers and sponsors are not responsible for any damages or injury incurred by a College Choose'em Challenge entrant as a result of winning.
Conditions of Participation.
- Conduct. H2H reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these official rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, H2H may lock out an entrant who, in H2H's sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND H2H RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Incidents. Without limiting the foregoing, H2H may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest if, in H2H's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Contest, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God; or (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared).
- Cancelation. In the event of a cancelation or termination, the entrant who has accumulated the highest point total (and who wins any pending tiebreakers) at the time of any said action will be awarded the prizes, or the prizes will be awarded in such other manner deemed fair and appropriate by H2H.
- Accept Official Rules. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to H2H's decisions. The decisions of H2H in regards to all matters of this Contest are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Gambling Prohibition. This Contest is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
- Schedule Changes. H2H takes no responsibility for any college basketball games that are delayed or postponed (i.e.weather, issues, riots). If for any reason (including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs, acts of God, technical difficulties, governmental intervention, and other events not within the reasonable control of H2H) the NCAA experiences a work stoppage and/or Head2Head Sports cannot, in its reasonable business judgment, continue this contest, then College Choose'em Challenge will not resume until both the NCAA resumes its 2020 tournament and Head2Head Sports resumes this contest, if ever. If this contest does not resume before May 1, 2020, Head2Head Sports reserves the right to cancel the College Choose'em Challenge contest without refund and without notice. and prize fulfillment will be based on the percentage of the NCAA tournament completed at the time of cancelation.
- Refunds. Any entrant is entitled to cancel registration in the contest and have all monies refunded if H2H receives written notice on or before the official start date of the contest. After the start of the contest, no refunds will be made. All such requests must be addressed to Head2Head Sports, 4727 E. Bell Rd. Suite 45-328, Phoenix, AZ 85032 or faxed to 480-429-0911.
No Purchase Necessary to Win. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Odds of winning prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received and the relative college basketball knowledge of all entrants.
- Alternative Entry. To enter void of all Internet services, send your name, address, telephone number, team name and official team roster (player names and ID numbers) printed on a 3x5 card to: Head2Head Sports, Attn: 2020 College Choose'em Challenge Alternative Entry, 4727 E. Bell Rd., Suite 45-328, Phoenix, AZ 85032. Limit one entry per envelope. Alternative entries must be received no later than Noon ET (9 a.m. PT) on March 19, 2020. All envelopes must be stamped and carry official USPS cancelation marks. No metered mail will be accepted, and mailed entries without sufficient postage are void. Head2Head Sports LLC reserves the right to disqualify any alternative entries that arrive late, or are received with insufficient, incorrect or illegible information. Alternative entrants will receive no entry information during the Contest and cannot obtain additional team information (including league standings) over the telephone or Internet.
- Terms/Conditions. Participation via Alternative entry in this contest constitutes acknowledgment and agreement that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms of these rules and that you have not paid any consideration (including, but not limited to, any amount paid for the purchase of a computer or for internet access) for the purpose of playing College Choose'em Challenge.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Contest; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses other security breaches; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Contest; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest, access to, copying or downloading materials from Website or any other website, or receipt or use of any prize, except where prohibited. Head2Head Sports reserves the right to disqualify any participant for suspected cheating or non-adherence to these Official Rules, and to make corrections to scores and any other material and information to correct such errors or omissions. H2H specifically disclaims any and all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) in connection with this contest and/or your participation in it.
- Internet Disclaimer. All entrants may access their team(s) via the website. Internet access is not required to play the Contest. H2H is not responsible if the Internet portion of the contest is not capable of running as planned, for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of H2H which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest. H2H assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, faulty transmission or communication, line failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to contest activities conducted or information transmitted via the Internet or the telephone. H2H is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network, telephone line, cable network, cable, computer on-line system, server, equipment, or software. H2H is not responsible for the failure of any e-mail or entry or trade to be applied to a customer's account due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any server, phone or fax lines, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to a customer's computer related to or resulting from participation in this contest (including without limitation, damages by virus).
- Disputes/Choice of Law. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Maricopa County, State of Arizona, i.e., Phoenix; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Arizona law, without reference to Arizona's choice of law rules, governs the Contest and all aspects related thereto. H2H shall not be liable for any consequential, punitive or exemplary damages. If any provision of these rules should ever be held to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalid or unenforceable provision(s) shall be revised by H2H and shall not affect any other provisions of these rules, and such other provisions shall continue in full force and effect. In the event that the contest is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, H2H reserves the right to discontinue or modify the contest, or to disqualify participants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, Head2Head Sports shall have no liability to any participants who are disqualified due to such an action.
- Official Rules; Winners Lists. H2H is responsible for the Contest and awarding of prizes. All rules and winners may be posted on the Website, television, radio, print, and various social media platforms. For a copy of the Official Rules and/or list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope:
Head2Head Sports LLC
Attn: College Choose'em Challenge - Official Rules & Winners List
4727 E. Bell Rd., Suite 45-328
Phoenix, AZ 85032
Requests must be received within 30 days following the end of the Contest (i.e., by May 6, 2020).
- Copyright; Trademarks. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2020 Head2Head Sports LLC. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners, and the use of which does not imply approval or endorsement of, or participation in this Contest.