THIS GAME IS INTENDED FOR PLAY ONLY WITHIN THE 50 UNITED STATES (AND WASHINGTON D.C.). U.S. LAW GOVERNS THIS GAME. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO U.S. RESIDENTS, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ONLY. VOID IN ALL U.S. TERRITORIES (e.g., GUAM AND PUERTO RICO) AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Eligibility. The Head2Head Sports March Mania ("Game") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or Washington, D.C. who are eighteen (18) years or older as of the date of entry, and are registered members of Head2Head Sports LLC ("H2H"). Registration for the Game is free. Employees of Head2Head Sports LLC, its affiliates, or any entity directly connected with the development, implementation or marketing of this Game, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) or household members of each such employee are not eligible. This Game is void in all U.S. Territories and where prohibited.
- Limit. FOUR ENTRIES (i) PER PERSON (REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF EMAIL ADDRESSES OR REGISTERED MEMBER ACCOUNTS), or (ii) PER EMAIL ADDRESS (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER MORE THAN ONE PERSON USES THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS).
Entry via Optional Service Level (Internet): You may enter the March Mania Challenge via an optional service level at www.head2head.com. All internet entries are considered a request for service level and the price is $10.00. The service level entitles you to receive all services for your entry, including receipt of 100 Fantasy Buck$ and special March Mania Challenge standings updates detailing round by round leaders, and top finishers. Your personalized updates will be updated for your review on the web site. The optional service level also provides telephone customer service.
- Game entries will be accepted via the Internet beginning February 8, 2016 and ending on Thursday, March 17, 2016 at Noon ET/9AM PT. To enter the game via the March Mania Challenge registration page, you will be asked to provide your name, credit card, mailing address and email address. To complete your entry, click on the " Submit Entry" button and get a confirmation page with your associated confirmation number. All payments must be made in U.S. funds. Entries transmitted with insufficient funds or information or an invalid credit card may be disqualified and will not be processed until the correct amount of payment or information is received.
- Alternative Method of Entry. No purchase necessary. As an alternative to entering under the optional service level, you may enter the March Mania Challenge without registering to receive the services listed in Section 3 above. To enter with none of these services, send your name, address, date of birth and telephone number along with your list of 63 tournament game winners (round by round) to: Head2Head Sports LLC, 8145 E. Evans Road, Suite #3, Scottsdale, AZ 85260. Alternative entries must be received no later than Noon ET on March 17, 2016. All envelopes must be stamped and carry official USPS cancellation marks. No metered mail will be accepted. Limit one entry per envelope. Head2Head Sports reserves the right to disqualify any alternative entries that arrive late, or are received with insufficient, incorrect or illegible information. Alternative entrants will receive no entry information during the Game and cannot obtain additional team information over the telephone or Internet.
- Void. Use of any automated system (e.g., robots, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods) or submission of multiple entries is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to use an automated system or to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other methods, will void all of that entrant's entries, and render that person ineligible to receive any of the prizes. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
- Accept Official Rules: Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to H2H's decisions. The decisions of H2H in regards to all matters of this Game are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- The Commissioner's Office. An official standards and practices committee called The Commissioner's Office has been established to govern the rules and play of this Game. You may address any questions, discrepancies, concerns or suggestions to The Commissioner's Office - March Mania, Head2Head Sports LLC, 8145 East Evans Road, Suite 3, Scottsdale, AZ 85260.
Website Registration: To play the Game, you must be a registered member of H2H. Registration is available directly through head2head.com.
- Entry Page - Not yet an H2H Member: To access the Game, you may register by clicking on the applicable website link on the entry page for the Game, and following the instructions. You will be asked to provide your name, mailing address, e-mail address, team name, team selection(s) and to select a password. You will also be asked if you wish to receive promotional emails or offers. You do not need to consent to receive these emails or offers in order to become a member. Even if you consent, you may subsequently opt-out of receiving such emails by contacting customer service at email@example.com, with your name, member id number and email address.
- Entry Page - Already an H2H Member. If you are already an H2H member, then you do not need to register again. You may enter the Game by logging on directly to the Website using your email address and password.
- Password. You are responsible for the secrecy of your password. H2H or other third parties are not responsible or liable for any actions taken using your password.
- Change of Email Address. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to update their account online or notify H2H during the Game Period if his or her e-mail address changes. To do so, click on "My Account" on the web site and update your email address or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your current email address and password and your desired new email address and password.
- Game Period: The Game begins on Thursday, March 17, 2016 at Noon Eastern Time ("ET"), 9am Pacific Time ("PT") and ends after the final game played on Monday, April 4, 2016 (the "Game Period").
- Entry Errors. Neither H2H nor any affiliates, e.g. Daily Racing Form or StatFox (collectively, referred to as "Affiliate") are responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Neither H2H nor Affiliate is responsible for any unavailability of or interruptions to any service or equipment used in connection with the Game, including without limitation (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections (2) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, or (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information.
No Return of Entries; Disputes. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of H2H and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder, i.e., natural person, of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identification. H2H may require that the potential winner provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address and/or password associated with the winning entry.
- Overview. Teams are place in brackets by the NCAA. Entrants must select one team from each of the games designated in each round. Each game will consists of two (2) college basketball teams. Points are awarded after each round (see Scoring System below).
- Play. The Game will treat each game as a unique event for scoring purposes. The game will run from the start of the tournament on March 17, 2016 through the Championship game on April 4, 2016. We do not count the "play-in games" scheduled before Thursday, March 17, 2016.
- Scoring. You receive challenge points for each correct selection (team selection win) that you make in each game. Your selections are final at the registration deadline and may not be changed. Details on the challenge points are detailed in Scoring System.
Scoring System. Each entrant's team will be ranked by total points by applying the official scoring system. After each game your entry earns challenge points for each correct selection of a team win for the designated game in each round as detailed below:
Round Points # of Teams 1st Round: 1 point for each correct selection 64 Teams 2nd Round: 2 points for each correct selection 32 Teams 3rd Round: 4 points for each correct selection 16 Teams 4th Round: 6 points for each correct selection 8 Teams 5th Round: 8 points for each correct selection 4 Teams 6th Round: 10 points for each correct selection 2 Teams
- Registration Deadline. All team selections will lock at Noon Eastern Time (9am Pacific Time) on Thursday, March 17, 2016 and must be submitted, received and recorded by H2H's computer by this scheduled lock time. Selections submitted after the deadlines are considered invalid. H2H's computer is the official time keeping device for this game.
- Tiebreakers. Should a tie exist between two (2) or more entrants eligible for the contest prizes, the winner will be the entrant that picks the correct team winner in the championship game(tiebreaker #1). If a tie persists, the winner will be the team with the closest choice on the total points for the championship game (tiebreaker #2). Persisting tiebreakers will continue with the total number of challenge points in Round #5 (tiebreaker #3) and so on with rounds 4, 3, 2 and 1. For tiebreaker #2 of total points in the championship game, if no predicted total points is submitted for an entry, it is given a default prediction of 0 total points. It is possible for a default prediction to win a tiebreaker. Tiebreakers will not be applied to over 60 point prize winners. In the event of a tie, the over 60 point prize will be divided evenly among its winners.
Prizes. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of all prizes is $28,300.00.
- Overall Prizes: H2H will award one of five (5) prizes to the entrants who accumulate the most points during the Game. To calculate total points, H2H will add all challenge points accumulated during the eligible 63 tournament games. The Grand Prize is $1,000 cash, 2nd place is $500, 3rd place is $150, 4th and 5th place - $100, 6th - 10th is 4,000 Fantasy Buck$, 11th - 50th is 2,000 Fantasy Buck$ and 51st - 100th is 1,000 Fantasy Buck$. 60 or more correct selections during the contest will win $25,000.
- Odds of winning prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received and the relative college basketball knowledge of all entrants.
- Substitution; Taxes. No cash or other prize substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except at H2H's sole discretion due to prize unavailability. H2H reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable value or greater value (e.g., H2H may opt instead to award the cash equivalent, up to but not greater than the ARV, of any prize in lieu of the prize itself). THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
- Prize Delivery. Winners should allow up to 6-8 weeks after they return their signed affidavit to receive their prize. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within fourteen (14) days after being sent will be forfeited.
- No Warranty. Entrants acknowledge that H2H and their respective agencies or related companies have not made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality. The only warranty for any prize is the standard limited written warranty from the prize's manufacturer, if any, which may be included with, and applicable to, the prize.
- Verification. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING PLAYERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY H2H, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. H2H SHALL SOLELY DETERMINE ANY FORM OF VERIFICATION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. H2H WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS, AFFIDAVITS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON MAY BE DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND VOID.
- "Prize Notice" via Email or Mail. Winners will be notified via email (or overnight mail) sent approximately 30-days following the end of the Game Period. Entrants are responsible for insuring that all mailing and e-mail information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Alternate Potential Winners; Disqualification. A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected (i.e., the person with the next most points) if (i) he/she does not comply with these rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the prize notice within ten (10) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed prize notice, after three attempts, is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) the prize is undeliverable for any reason. If H2H notifies, or seeks to deliver a prize to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified then H2H shall use its reasonable business judgment to determine, in its sole discretion, the disposition of the prize (e.g., may choose another alternate potential winner in a manner consistent with these rules or donate the prize to another entity, at it's sole discretion).
- Releases and Affidavits. As a condition of receiving a prize, potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within fifteen (15) days of the date stated on the prize notice. Where applicable, the travel companion of the Grand Prize winner must also complete and sign a Liability Release and, where permitted by law, a Publicity Release included in winner's documents. Travel companion must be eighteen (18) years or older at time of document completion, unless traveling with winning parent/legal guardian.
- RELEASE. By participating in this Game or receiving a prize, entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless H2H, Promoter, and each of their respective related companies, and all of its or their company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Game (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize (including any travel or activity related to the prize).
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in this Game constitutes winner's consent to H2H's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION.
- Conduct. H2H reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Game and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these official rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, H2H may lock out an entrant who, in H2H's sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GAME OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND H2H RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Incidents. Without limiting the foregoing, H2H may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Game if, in the H2H's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Game, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God; or (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared).
- Cancellation. In the event of a cancellation or termination the entrant who has accumulated the highest point total (and who wins any pending tiebreakers) at the time of any said action will be awarded the prizes, or the prizes will be awarded in such other manner deemed fair and appropriate by H2H.
- GAMBLING PROHIBITION: This Game is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Game; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses other security breaches; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Game; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Game, access to, copying or downloading materials from Website or any other website, or receipt or use of any prize.
- DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Game or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Maricopa county, State of Arizona, i.e., Phoenix; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Arizona law, without reference to Arizona's choice of law rules, governs the Game and all aspects related thereto.
OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS LISTS. All rules and winners may be posted on the website. For a copy of the Official Rules and/or list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below. Requests must be received within 30 days following the end of the Game (e.g., by May 4, 2016):
- Head2Head Sports LLC
Attn: 2016 March Mania Challenge - Official Rules & Winners List
8145 East Evans Road Suite 3
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
- Head2Head Sports LLC
- Address; Copyright. H2H is responsible for the Game and awarding of prizes. H2H's address is 8145 E. Evans Road, Suite #3, Scottsdale, AZ 85251. The Game and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2016 Head2Head Sports LLC.