Power 5 Pick'em is a game of skill and is void where prohibited by law.
- Affiliations. Head2Head Sports ("H2H") Power 5 Pick'em ("Contest") and Head2Head SportsSM are owned by DRF Holdings LLC. This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the National Collegiate Athletic Association ("NCAA"), its members or partners.
Eligibility. Power 5 Pick'em ("Contest") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, Washington, D.C. and Canada (excluding Quebec, Puerto Rico, and all U.S. Territories) who are eighteen (18) years or older as of the date of entry, and are registered members of Head2Head Sports ("H2H").
- All employees of DRF Holdings LLC, Head2Head Sports, its affiliates, or any entity directly connected with the development, implementation, marketing, support, or fufillment of this Contest, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, and/or "step" of each) or household members of each such employee are not eligible for prizes.
- Athletes, coaches and other team management, team support personnel (e.g., without limitation, team physicians) and athletic directors may not participate in Power 5 Pick'em if associated with the NCAA. College employees, referees, league commissioners and other individuals who through an ownership interest or game-related employment can influence the contest gameplay are likewise ineligible.
- Head2Head Sports reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of all entrants, and to disqualify any entry form that arrives late or is lost, damaged, illegible, incomplete or incorrect.
- Use of any automated system (e.g., robots, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods) or submission of multiple entries is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to use an automated system or to obtain more than four (4) entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other methods, will void all of that entrant's entries, and render that person ineligible to receive any of the prizes. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
Limit. Four (4) entries (i) per household (regardless of the number of email addresses or registered member accounts), or (ii) per email address (regardless of whether more than one person uses the same email address). If there are more than four entries from the same household, then only the first four entries, as determined by Head2Head Sports, will be eligible for prizes.
- Multiple Accounts. Individuals may not register more than one (1) member account with Head2Head Sports. Any individuals caught participating in the contest with more than one registered member account, as solely determined by Head2Head Sports, may have their ineligible member accounts closed without notice and be disqualified from any current and future contests.
- Shared Accounts. All contest entries may only be played under the registered member account in which they were entered. Entries may not be transferred to another member account or played by another individual. Likewise, registered members may not submit entries on behalf of someone without a Head2Head Sports member account, or submit entries for individuals that are ineligible to participate in the Contest.
How to Enter.
- Optional Service Package. You may enter Power 5 Pick'em via an optional service package at www.head2head.com. All internet entries are considered a request for the optional service package, and includes a one-time service fee of $15.00. The service package entitles you to receive all services for your entry, including receipt of 150 Fantasy Buck$, full Internet reports, including personalized team information and standings. The optional service package also provides toll-free telephone customer service.
- Alternative Entry; No purchase necessary to Win. As an alternative to entering under the optional service package, you may enter Power 5 Pick'em without registering to receive the services listed above. To enter void of all Internet services, send your name, address, telephone number, team name and official team roster (player names and ID numbers) printed on a 3x5 card to: Head2Head Sports, Attn: 2019 Power 5 Pick'em Alternative Entry, 4727 E. Bell Rd., Suite 45-328, Phoenix, AZ 85032. Limit one entry per envelope. Alternative entries must be received no later than 3 p.m. ET (Noon PT) on Thursday, November 28, 2019 to be processed and valid for the Contest. All envelopes must be stamped and carry official USPS cancellation marks. No metered mail will be accepted. Head2Head Sports LLC reserves the right to disqualify any alternative entries that arrive late, or are received with insufficient, incorrect or illegible information. Alternative entrants will receive no entry information during the Contest and cannot obtain additional team information (including league standings) over the telephone or Internet. Participation via alternative entry in this contest constitutes acknowledgment and agreement that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms of these rules and that you have not paid any consideration (including, but not limited to, any amount paid for the purchase of a computer or for internet access) for the purpose of playing Power 5 Pick'em.
- Accept Official Rules. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to H2H's decisions. The decisions of H2H in regards to all matters of this Contest are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Website Registration. To play the Contest, you must be a registered member of H2H. Registration is available through head2head.com.
- Entry Page - Not Yet an H2H Member. To access the Contest, you may register by clicking on the applicable Website link on the entry page for the Contest, and following the instructions. You will be asked to provide your name, mailing address, e-mail address, team name, player selection(s) and to select a password. You will also be asked if you wish to receive promotional emails or offers. You do not need to consent to receive these emails or offers in order to become a member. Even if you consent, you may subsequently opt-out of receiving such emails by contacting customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name, member id number and email address.
- Entry Page - Already an H2H Member. If you are already an H2H member, then you do not need to register a new member account again. You may enter the Contest by logging on directly to Website using your email address and password or by clicking on the applicable Returning Member link on the entry page for the Contest with Member ID number, First Name and Last Name.
- Password. You are responsible for the secrecy of your password. H2H or other third parties are not responsible or liable for any actions taken using your password.
- Change of Email Address. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify H2H during the Contest Period if his or her e-mail address changes. To do so, send an email to email@example.com with your current email address and password and your desired new email address and password. Or you my click on MY ACCOUNT and update your profile online.
- Entry Errors. Neither H2H nor any affiliates, are responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Neither H2H nor Affiliate is responsible for any unavailability of or interruptions to any service or equipment used in connection with the Contest, including without limitation (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections (2) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, or (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information.
- No Return of Entries; Disputes. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of H2H and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder, i.e., natural person, of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identification. H2H may require that the potential winner provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address and/or password associated with the winning entry.
- Contest Period. The Contest begins on Thursday, August 29, 2019 at approximately 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends after the last scheduled college football game played on November 30, 2019 (the "Contest Period").
How To Play.
- Overview. Players are assigned a rating value based on 2018 final standings and projected 2019 performances (the "Player ratings"). Entrants must select one player from each of the ten (10) player groups to form a complete active roster. Each player group consists of five (5) college football players from the NCAA Power 5 conferences (ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC). Points are awarded following each day that includes a college football game (see Scoring System below).
- Weekly Play. The Contest will separate the 2019 College Football schedule into fourteen (14) weeks ("Contest Weeks"). The weeks will run from college football games starting on August 29, 2019 through the final game played on November 30, 2019. Points scored each week will carry over and will be used to determine your cumulative score. Player Groups (described above) will reset after each Contest Week. Also, player selections do not carry over from week to week so every participant will need to log-in to the Website and select new players prior to the beginning of a new Contest Week.
- Players. Power 5 Pick'em includes players on teams from the following conferences: ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12, SEC, and Independents BYU and Notre Dame.
- Scoring. From all eligible entries received, the weekly winners will be determined based on their ability to use their skill and knowledge of college football to accumulate the most points during a Contest Week. In the event a scheduled college football game does not occur as scheduled (e.g., the game is cancelled, postponed, etc.) no points will be awarded. Ties will be broken in accordance with the tiebreaker procedure below.
Scoring System. Each entrant's team will be ranked by total points by applying the official scoring system:
- TD Pass, Catch, Run or Return: 6
- Interceptions: -2
- Yards Passing Every Full 25 Yards (i.e., 254 yards=10 points): 1
- Yards Rushing Every Full 10 Yards (i.e., 120 yards=12 points): 1
- Yards Receiving Every Full 10 Yards (i.e., 79 yards=7 points): 1
- Field Goals: 3
- Long Distance Field Goals (50+ yards): +3
- Extra Point Kick: 1
- 2-Point Conversion: 2
(Pass, Run, Reception, or Recovery)
- Points Per Reception: 1
- Fumbles Lost: -2
- Shutout: 10
- 1 - 6 Points: 6
- 7 - 13 Points: 4
- 14 - 20 Points: 2
- 21 - 27 Points: 0
- 28 - 34 Points: -2
- 35 - 41 Points: -4
- 42+ Points: -6
- Defensive/Special Team TD: 6
- Kickoff, Punt, Fumble, Interception or Blocked Kick Return Defensive/Special Team Safety: 6
- Fumble Recovery or Interception: 4
- Sack: 2
- Lock Time. All team selections will lock at the weekly trade deadline on Saturdays at Noon ET/9am PT. All rosters must be submitted, received and recorded by H2H's computer by this scheduled lock time. Selections submitted after the deadlines are considered invalid. H2H's server is the official time keeping device for this contest.
- Thursday Games/Flexible Trading. The NCAA has scheduled some games to be played prior to the slate of Saturday games - ex: Thursday & Friday night games, and games moved earlier because of weather, etc. In these situations, you must select those players prior to the designated start/kick-off time. After the designated start time, you will be unable to pick up or drop players from the game(s) that have started. For the remainder of the period you will be limited to choose from teams that have not played prior to the designated final trade deadline.
- Opening Weekend Exception. Since the NCAA has scheduled games through Monday, September 2, 2019, trading for week 2 will open at 7pm ET/4pm PT on Tuesday, September 3, 2019. For all other weeks, trading will open on Mondays at 7pm ET/4pm PT.
- Alternative Entries. Roster selection for an alternative entry team can be done by placing all necessary details (your member ID, name, team name, player names and ID numbers) in a letter sized envelope and sending it to: Power 5 Pick'em Alternative Entry Trades, c/o Head2Head Sports, 4727 E. Bell Rd., Suite 45-328, Phoenix, AZ 85032. Alternative entry selections must be received by Thursday of each week to be processed and valid for the immediately following week of play. H2H reserves the right to disqualify any alternative entry selections that arrive late, or are received with insufficient, incorrect or illegible information (e.g., insufficient Player ID number).
- Tiebreakers. Should a tie exist between two (2) or more entrants eligible for the weekly prizes, the winner will be the entrant that has the highest score in Group #1. If a tie persists, the winner will be the team with the highest score in Group #2. Persisting tiebreakers will continue using Group #3, Group #4, and so on. If a tie continues to persist, all remaining entrants will receive the weekly prize. Should a tie exist between two (2) or more entrants eligible for the overall prize, the winner will be the entrant who has the highest score in week 14. If a tie persists, the winner will be the team with the highest score in week 13 and so on. If a tie continues to persist, the prize will be split evenly among the remaining entrants. In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration.
- Live Scoring. To the extent that this contest offers or displays live scoring, standings, results, statistics, or other information relating to the contest ("Live Information"), all such Live Information is unofficial and is offered for informational and/or entertainment purposes only.
- The Commissioner's Office. An official standards and practices committee called The Commissioner's Office has been established to govern the rules and play of this Contest. You may address any questions, discrepancies, concerns or suggestions to The Commissioner's Office, c/o Head2Head Sports, 4727 E. Bell Rd., Suite 45-328, Phoenix, AZ 85032.
- Payment. All charges made through this website and our sports agents will be charged immediately to your credit card. By providing Head2Head with your credit card number, you agree to pay for all charges made in connection with this Contest. Head2Head reserves the right to suspend all contest activity, internet access and trading, for accounts that do not have a valid credit card number and expiration date, or a credit balance. PRIZES WILL ONLY BE AWARDED TO ENTRANTS WHOSE ACCOUNTS ARE PAID IN FULL BY FRIDAY FOLLOWING THE END OF THE PERIOD. If your account is not in good standing, any prizes won will be forfeited. Entrants are not required to open an account or pay an optional service fee to play and to compete for prizes.
Prizes. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of all prizes is $1,461.06.
- Weekly Prizes (14 winners). H2H will award one of fourteen (14) weekly prizes to the entrant who accumulates the most points during each Contest Week (and wins any pending tiebreaker). Each Weekly Winner will receive $40 cash. Additionally, Second Place will win $10 cash. Third through Fifth place will be awarded 250 H2H Fantasy Buck$ each. ARV for the weekly prizes totals $58.33 per week.
- Overall Winner (cumulative scores minus two (2) lowest weekly scores). H2H will award ten (10) overall cumulative point winner prizes to the entrants with the highest scores. The prize for first place will be $500 cash. The prize for second place through fifth place will be 2,000 Fantasy Buck$. Sixth through Tenth place will be awarded 1,000 Fantasy Buck$. ARV for the cumulative prizes is $644.44.
- No Purchase Necessary to Win. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Odds of winning prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received and the relative college football knowledge of all entrants.
- Substitution; Taxes. No cash or other prize substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except at H2H's sole discretion due to prize unavailability. H2H reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable value or greater value (e.g., H2H may opt instead to award the cash equivalent, up to but not greater than the ARV, of any prize in lieu of the prize itself). THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
- Prize Delivery. Prize winners will receive IRS tax form 1099-M and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release within thirty (30) days of notification. Winners should allow up to 6-8 weeks after they return their signed affidavit to receive their prize. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within thirty (30) days after being sent will be forfeited.
- No Warranty. Entrants acknowledge that H2H and their respective agencies or related companies have not made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality. The only warranty for any prize is the standard limited written warranty from the prize's manufacturer, if any, which may be included with, and applicable to, the prize. Organizers and sponsors are not responsible for any damages or injury incurred by a Power 5 Pick'em entrant as a result of winning.
- Verification. All potential winning players are subject to verification by H2H whose decisions are final. H2H shall solely determine any form of verification. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility and the potential winning entry has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. H2H will not accept screen shots, affidavids or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. Any entry that occurs after the system has failed for any reason may be deemed a defective entry and void.
- "Prize Notice" via Email or Mail. Winners will be notified via email or U.S. Mail sent approximately 30-days following the end of the Contest Period. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that all mailing and e-mail information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Alternate Potential Winners; Disqualification. A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected (i.e., the person with the next most points) if (i) he/she does not comply with these rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the prize notice within ten (10) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed prize notice, after three attempts, is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) the prize is undeliverable for any reason. If H2H notifies, or seeks to deliver a prize to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified then H2H shall use its reasonable business judgment to determine, in its sole discretion, the disposition of the prize (e.g., may choose another alternate potential winner in a manner consistent with these rules or donate the prize to another entity, at it's sole discretion).
- Affidavits. As a condition of receiving a prize, potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within thirty (30) days of the date stated on the prize notice. Where applicable, the travel companion of the Grand Prize winner must also complete and sign a Liability Release and, where permitted by law, a Publicity Release included in winner's documents. Travel companion must be eighteen (18) years or older at time of document completion, unless traveling with winning parent/legal guardian.
- Release. By participating in this Contest or receiving a prize, entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless H2H, Promoter, and each of their respective related companies, and all of its or their company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Contest (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize (including any travel or activity related to the prize).
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in this Contest constitutes winner's consent to H2H's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
- Gambling Prohibition. This Contest is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
Conditions of Participation.
- Conduct. H2H reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these official rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, H2H may lock out an entrant who, in H2H's sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND H2H RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Incidents. Without limiting the foregoing, H2H may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest if, in the H2H's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Contest, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God; or (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared).
- Cancellation. In the event of a cancellation or termination the entrant who has accumulated the highest point total (and who wins any pending tiebreakers) at the time of any said action will be awarded the prizes, or the prizes will be awarded in such other manner deemed fair and appropriate by H2H.
- Player Strike and Schedule Changes. H2H takes no responsibility for any college football games that are delayed or postponed (i.e. player strikes, weather, riots, etc.). For any reason and without notice, H2H reserves the right to cancel the Power 5 Pick'em contest without refund.
- Refunds. Any entrant is entitled to cancel registration in the Contest and have all monies refunded if H2H receives written notice on or before seven (7) days from the official start date of the Contest. After seven (7) days from the start of the contest, no refunds will be made. All such requests must be addressed to Head2Head Sports, 4727 E. Bell Rd., Suite 45-328, Phoenix, AZ 85032 or faxed to 480-429-0911.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Contest; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses other security breaches; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Contest; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest, access to, copying or downloading materials from Website or any other website, or receipt or use of any prize, except where prohibited. Head2Head Sports reserves the right to disqualify any participant for suspected cheating or non-adherence to these Official Rules, and to make corrections to scores and any other material and information to correct such errors or omissions. H2H specifically disclaims any and all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) in connection with this contest and/or your participation in it.
- Internet Disclaimer. All entrants may access their team(s) via the website. Internet access is not required to play the Power 5 Pick'em contest. H2H is not responsible if the Internet portion of the contest is not capable of running as planned, for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of H2H which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest. H2H assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, faulty transmission or communication, line failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to contest activities conducted or information transmitted via the Internet or the telephone. H2H is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network, telephone line, cable network, cable, computer on-line system, server, equipment, or software. H2H is not responsible for the failure of any e-mail or entry or trade to be applied to a customer's account due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any server, phone or fax lines, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to a customer's computer related to or resulting from participation in this contest (including without limitation, damages by virus).
- Disputes/Choice of Law. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Maricopa County, State of Arizona, i.e., Phoenix; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Arizona law, without reference to Arizona's choice of law rules, governs the Contest and all aspects related thereto. H2H shall not be liable for any consequential, punitive or exemplary damages. If any provision of these rules should ever be held to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalid or unenforceable provision(s) shall be revised by H2H and shall not affect any other provisions of these rules, and such other provisions shall continue in full force and effect. In the event that the contest is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, H2H reserves the right to discontinue or modify the contest, or to disqualify participants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, Head2Head Sports shall have no liability to any participants who are disqualified due to such an action.
- Official Rules; Winners Lists. H2H is responsible for the Contest and awarding of prizes. All rules and winners may be posted on the Website. For a copy of the Official Rules and/or list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Attn: Power 5 Pick'em - Official Rules & Winners List
4727 E. Bell Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85032
Requests must be received within 30 days following the end of the Contest (i.e., by December 31, 2019).
- Copyright; Trademarks. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2019 Head2Head Sports. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners, and the use of which does not imply approval or endorsement of, or participation in this Contest.